Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My First Blog Post on my very own Blog!

I created this blog over a year ago, but at the time we had dial-up internet. What was I thinking?! There's no way I could keep up on a blog with snail-like web speeds. So we finally got high-speed wireless, but at about the same time the MOVIE "Where the Wild Things Are" came out & didn't have the best response. So I didn't want to announce I had a blog with that title at that time. (I know, I'm kinda lame for even being worried about that). I originally titled my blog that because I loved the book growing up, & I live with some Wild Things of my own with 2 busy boys, a rambunctious dog, and a humorous husband. I also was just too busy, and lazy at the same time, to get this going. In the meantime I've been uploading photos to facebook now & then, which uses the same effort it would take to put them on a blog. Then my parents left on another mission in November, & they quit facebook at that time. So ever since then, I've wanted to do this so they can keep up on our lives like they do with my other blogging sisters. Also for our other family members who live far away. I have done a few posts on our Ward blog, so that's why I said this is my 1st post on my very own blog. It'll take me some time to make it as cute & clever as everyone else's out there, but for now, here goes...!!! (Here's a recent picture of my boys being a little more tame after church on Mother's day)

12 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm so glad you're doing this. email I get, and blogs I get. I don't get facebook. I am already a fan of the Maher blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!! Finally. I am so excited, for selfish reasons. And to have high speed internet, you'll never know how you survived without it.
    Love you all.

    Hope Truman's birthday was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo excited!!! I'm horrible at blogging, and I'm always playing catch up! BUT I love having a record of what we're up to, and you'll love that, too! I'm a FAN of the Maher blog, too!!! Good job MA!!! Congrats on the high speed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder you were on the computer so late, while we were Skyping. This is wonderful--we love seeing your girls fabulous blogs. I might even cancel my Lethe request (only if y'all keep up the blogs more often, though) Good job, well done. And I'm sure Diane meant "Griffin's" because Truman was the first of the 2005 batch, and Abby just had her big 5th---so she had 5 year olds on her mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops--I meant "chatting"---Skyping is Monday! I love technology, but not as much as you, you see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the dark side! I will now probably know more about you guys even though we live so close (yet so far away!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it's like a family reunion on here now isn't it! Still laughing at mom's comment "yes I love technology, but not as much as you you see". If you get this blogging thing figured out, could you teach me please- I still struggle to keep up like Liz. But it is so fun to read everyone else's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "One of these sisters is not like the others, one of these sisters just doesn't belong. Can you guess which sis is not like the others, before I finish my song?"

    BUT yay for you!!! I love my blogging sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all being fans & supportive! It ALMOST encourages me to do another post. But it will have to wait, it's already too late tonight.
    This IS a fun family reunion! So quick question, do all of you put to send follow up responses from your blog comments to your email? I debated on whether to email everyone or post another comment.
    Ha Ha Kristina, someday our oldest sista will be like the others, right?
    Karin- I too loved mom's Napoleon Dynamite quote. I was hoping you'd be able to help me more since you're close. I still have so much to learn! You're blog is awesome!
    Kel- I don't think you'll learn anything new about us, I guess we'll see once I start posting more.You're blog is awesome too!
    Ma & Pa- I'll try & keep up on this more, & not too late at night, but until then the Lethe request is still in effect. You're blog is awesome too!
    Liz-That was another reason I wanted to do this. It will be nice to have a record of our lives. You're blog is awesome too!
    Diane- Yes, Griffin and Truman both had great birthdays. Thanks for the McDs gift cards!You're blog is awesome too! It's so nice to keep up with our far away sisters this way!
    Anita-Thanks for being a fan. I need to get out of the habit of facebooking & into this more. Do you have a blog too? I know some of your kids do.
    Thanks again everyone. There'll be more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. See----it's no wonder MaryAnn was voted the nicest girl at Snow Canyon--she still is. She was voted a lot of other things, too, but she was so nice that she let the second place girls have those awards, and just kept "nicest" for herself. Am I remembering that right?? (You girls were all very popular---weren't you all Homecoming Queens??)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mom, now you're being too nice! :-)You were close, it was actually "Most Friendly" but I don't think any of us were Homecoming queens.

    Brooke Trout- I finally did the 2nd post, just for you! They'll be few & far between as I'm getting into this whole blog world.

    ReplyDelete